Adaptica designs and manufactures components and systems for Adaptive Optics and Optoelectronics dedicated to research and industry, with a main focus on eye care.
Adaptica’s components and systems for adaptive optics offer a solution in all those areas in which images generated by optical systems need to gain focus, sharpness and optical quality, including in details.
Adaptica technology and lens system reduces distortions and aberrations, providing sharper and more defined images.
These components not only enhance the ability of the optical system but are also an adaptive optics solution whose size and reduced cost integrates better into optical systems under development, thus increasing performance.
Through the latest optical, electronic and mechanical technologies, Adaptica implements opto-electronic solutions applied to the fields of optics, astronomy, industrial automation, imaging, measurements and laser applications.
The initial components:
- Pan – deformable capacitive mirror
- Saturn – deformable push pull capacitive mirror
- IO32/64 control electronics
- Mercury – Shack Hartmann wavefront sensor
- Ganymede and Europa – kit of previous components
- Didaptica – complete optical batch for demonstrate Adaptive Optics technologies
- MMOS SDK – library to control mirrors and wavefront correction including in a closed loop
Adaptica works to increase the market of easy optical components that create the Adaptive Optics technology, by starting development of a new line of Smart Optics products. The new products are the spin off of the development of the ophthalmic devices 2WIN and VisionFit.
The new program includes the following smart components:
- an optical part organized as a lens (40 mm diameter)
- a smart electronic board connected with a short wire with a PC PORT
- a software driver to be used with a PC-based system.
The following components have been defined:
- OSL spherical variable lens
- OCL cylinder variable lens (power and rotation)
- OHL high aberration transparent lens (high order pattern with 32 actuators)
The following components are under development to complete the line of smart optics:
- OPF polarization cross filters (angle and rotation)
- VHM mirror for high intensity aberrations (high order pattern with 64 actuators)
- PWF pyramid wavefront sensor
- OPL prism variable lens (power and rotation)
Adaptica’s products are designed to be integrated in any existing optical system, at any stage of development. Through the latest optical, electronic and mechanical technologies, Adaptica implements opto-electronic solutions applied to the fields of optics, astronomy, industrial automation, imaging, measurements and laser applications.